Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Well, yesterday the boys didn't have school so we worked hard all day on science projects. By the time dinner time rolled around the darn kids wanted to eat, the fifth day in a row. I myself was exhausted from trudging through the snow, timing children, and the worst, watching a 10 year old type. I decided to take the little workers out to dinner. I filled them up on hamburgers, fries and an ice cream treat. On the way home, the car was warm, their bellies plump and their body's and mind's exhausted. In the quiet car Bridger started telling jokes, 5 year old jokes. I think they went something like this. What did the 6 say to the 2? Boy you are little. Silence. What did one cloud say to the other cloud, you're not fluffy. Silence. On and on he went, each joke as funny as the one before. All the while the others sat quietly, I thought they were all asleep until he told this joke, What did the horse say to the pig? (you might think I have this backwards but wait) Hey fella, why is your face hairy? From the backseat finally a response. Caleb chimes in with a great ba -dum -ching!!!!! you know the sound of a drum after a funny joke. That made us all laugh which satisfied Bridger who decided to quit the comedy routine on a high. Caleb saves the day with wit and humour again.

3 comments:

Anna said...

it's so nice to have you posting so regularly. i really admire you and wish i lived closer to you so that i could get insipred in your store and learn from your creativity. keep it up!

Lauri said...

Your boys are a blast. I'm so glad you tell us about them.

Karli said...

I like Caleb. Seriously, I do. :)