Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Am I Too Old?

On Saturday we made a quick trip to P.G. to pick up a Valentines Gift I had preciously bought for Russ. While we were driving down the snow drifted streets we watched a 40 something year old woman and her child. She climbed over the snowdrifts and then reached back to lift her toddler over (this is where I should tell you we stopped and helped her across the street but we didn't so I will continue). As she turned to retrieve her child we all noticed the word "juicy" splashed boldly about her behind.
That's when Russ piped up. "You know", he said " when you become a certain age you should never wear pants with any type of words or phrases on your butt. I can see a seventeen year old wearing their team name on their buttocks but that's about the extent of it." He continued on about age appropriate dress and especially the fact that ones butt should never be highlighted. I, fishing for a compliment either on my age or my anatomy asked, " Am I too old to wear...?" Before I could even finish my sentence the silence in the back of the car was broken by Mckay who very quickly and with much seriousness replied, " Yes, Mom you are."
Thanks for your honesty Mckay. No "juicy" pants for me.

2 comments:

Karli said...

But Jana, you are so.... Juicy! :) Oh what I would pay to see your boys' faces if you showed up to get them at school in a pair of hot ping Juicy pants. Hahaha!

Kara said...

Oohh, I am so getting you some Juicy pant, you can wear them when Russ comes home from camp! Ewwwww.