Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Man Russ

I've written quite a bit about some really good things in my life, today I'm going to tell you about one really GREAT!!! thing, my husband. I can hear the groans and gags from my less than sappy siblings but hey, I like the guy and this happens to be my blog.



Russell, also known as Russ, Rusty, Honey, The Warden, Rusky, Coach, J-Bird, Babe, Hot stuff, President Jensen, Rusky and Dad, grew up in Roosevelt Utah. I could say a lot of things about Roosevelt and the characters who live there but I grew up in Vanderhoof so I will keep certain things about Roosevelt to myself.
Russell has no sisters, few female cousins, and aunts only because they married his uncles. Russ is not at all feminine. He is a man's man. He fixes things, builds me stuff, loves football, adores fire and grunts a lot. The grunting I may have made up but he is manly.
Russ can also be very sweet and "ungrunty", is that a word, ungrunty? When he's not being manly he watches chick flicks with me just because I want to see them. He brings me flowers. Every May my favorite wild flower (Solomon Seal) grows like crazy and every year he picks arms full and puts a huge bouquet in every room of the house. He rubs my feet and visits with me. He takes care of me when I am sick or in the hospital. Russ goes clothes shopping with me and likes it, except on one occassion when he drove up to the door of the store my sister and I were shopping in and honked the horn. He also wakes up in the middle of the night to help me move indoors from the tent when I am scared, this has happened several times. And he is teaching his boys all of these sweet things.

Russell loves meatloaf, Fords, hunting, camping, 80's rock, Pepsi and The Philadelphia Eagles.




Russ hates ....... well nothing I can think of., he's pretty easy going. Anyone who meets Russ likes him because he is so much fun to be with. He is kind to everyone and can make you laugh and laugh and laugh. (may I refer back to Roosevelt Utah)
Following are some things Russ has made for me...


Hall table


Hall shelf




Bedroom fireplace and mantle


Basement fireplace and mantle

Mudroom Organizer and Bench

Barn doors for the basement

Beds for older boys

Beds for little boys
At the risk of sounding too sappy I love Russell. He is my best friend and I love being with him, playing with him and working with him. He's the guy of my dreams and he makes me happy everyday. He treats me like he loves me and like I am the only important thing in his life. Did I already mention I loved him?
A Russell, everyone should have one
I love you.












10 comments:

Kara said...

Oh come on! Let's not forget all is other "good" traits! Like...hmmm..let me think...I'll come up with something! He is a keeper, but you should mention how much he loves his sister-in-laws and all the girly crafts they do at his house!

Jana Jensen said...

Plus he's HOT!!! :)

Hatch Clan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Summer said...

Loved your post about Russ. He had to be great to catch your eye, since you are one of the funnest great people ever. Love ya, Summer
Glad to see some new posts finally:)

Lauri said...

I like sap.

Lauri said...

I like Russell too.

Karli said...

Shoot, it was me that posted the whole "Plus he's HOT!" comment but I was logged in under Jana's name. Maybe that was a good thing :)

Amy said...

i am impressed with all the things he has built for you. Plus, your house is beautiful! I would love to come up there and see it some time!

Kara said...

I think russ might be your biggest post yet, everyone loves him. Guess he hasn't called them "your big mouth sister!" That's right Russ, I haven't forgotten!

Ryan McCoy said...

Three cheers for Russ!...and at least one for Jana that is providing regularly updated blog content for all of us to read.