Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines day ahhhhh! the day of love. This year Valentines day was filled perfectly with all the things I love. Russell took me dancing on Friday night, I love dancing. Mckay, our resident babysitter, and the others played with LEGO all night and ate hawaiin pizza. A good night was had by all.
On Saturday we all decided to have a nice dinner together. We made tortillini with marinara sauce, breadsticks, the olive garden salad and included some sparkling cider. Caleb and Coleson set and decorated the table while Mckay made the salad and Russ and I prepared the pasta and dessert. Dessert.... yummy, we had fondue. It was SOOOOOO! much fun.
Chocolate fondue with pineapple, pretzels, green apples, bananas, marshmellows, angel food cake, ripple chips, kiwis and my favorite, strawberries.

One dirty face

two dirty faces

The third dirty face.
Dirty face number 4 did not want to appear on my blog with chocolate on his mug.
By the end of the night we had had so much fun visiting and laughing together and the food was so good. So good in fact that we were all so full that all the men had to rush to the scale to see how much weight they had gained during the evening. Russ was the only one disappointed with the sudden spike. Caleb, our slightest fella, ran out yelling, " I'm 60 lbs., I'm 60 lbs. I am a man now." If only we were all as excited over a little weight gain.
Happy Valentines day to all, may the love of dancing, food, family and all things good be yours.





2 comments:

Kara said...

This sounds like a fun valentine tradition that we may need to steal from you all! Looks like a lot of fun, and even better, it looks delicious!

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing Valentine's Day with us. I love those dirty faces and the one who got the cupcake.

Grandma J.