Friday, January 30, 2009

Things I'd Love to Do....but can't

Paint or Re-paint
I don't know what it is about fresh paint but it does something for me. Maybe it's my nose remembering the fun times I had at BYU-Hawaii while I worked with some great girls and good friends. We worked in the paint shop and painted road lines,houses, refrigerators and the mens dormitory. Anyway, My idea of a good spring cleaning is to repaint walls, in a new color of course. But... my wiser than I or is it tired of getting out the ladder, husband said, "NOPE", not this year. We've only lived in this house for two and a half years and I've already repainted three rooms. So, I'd love to repaint this spring, but can't, maybe this summer?
Beekeep
It looks like so much fun and what a great way to trap a little bit of heaven for free. We have 320 acres of yummy wildflowers, clover and alfalfa fields, the bees would just love me and the boys would love honey butter on fresh scones. But... Russ is deathly allergic to honey bees, one sting and he's a gonner. I'll just give up on the bees and get my honey from my "honey".
Keep the Moose off my lawn
The moose have succesfully "trimmed" all of my birch trees for the last few winters. Moose love the tender new growth of birch trees. To date I have tried yelling at them, running after them arms flalling and screaming, chasing them in my suburban with the boys cheering me on from the back seat, and most recently I convinced Russ to shoot them in the butox with a shotgun, hey don't judge me, I like birch trees. Can you believe nothing has thwarted them? I'd love to keep the moose away but can't.
Size 6
I'd love to be a size 6 but can't and you don't need to know all the details.
Keep the Livestock in
I'd love to keep the annimals in the pen where they belong. Moose out, Horse and calves in. The Moose, Deer, and Elk jump the fences everyday to get to and from food. In the process the fence has taken a beating. We fix the fence in the Spring and Fall but it never seems to stay tight or effective. This morning I woke up in the dark and stumbled to the shower. While showering I had an eery feeling that someone was watching me. I am still not sure if I was worried for my safety or for their poor eyes but I was a bit freaked out. As I showered the sun peaked over the horizon and the room was lit with beautiful morning sun. It was then that I saw him, peering into the bathroom through the window. I let out a very convinving scream as my horse stood there watching me climb out of the shower. Even the sight of me in my nothings didn't seem to scare him back to the pen. So, first request when I see Russ this weekend, please tighten the pasture fence again.
People
I'd love to slap some people up-side of the head but can't. Is it just me or are people getting less bright? I am surprised by the things grown, church attending people do and the things they are teaching their children to do. That's my little rant for the day, now I must go repent. Anyway, sometimes I would like to slap some sense into people but can't.
That's it, my list of cant's for the day. I am sure I will think of more another time. Add some of yours, I'd love to hear them.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Okay, my list would look strangely similar to yours, only I will be a size six after I amputate both legs and get a tummy tuck!