Thursday, January 29, 2009

Caleb

Caleb (10) has always been a very witty and funny little boy. He also has a knack for talking too much (where does he get that?). His teachers tell me he is very funny and usually makes the entire class laugh and hard to control. What to do ? Anyway, I was in the school helping out the other day when his teacher asked to talk to me (rarely a good sign). She recounted the previous days events with a red face, tears in her eyes and a strange giggle in her voice. "Yesterday, she said, the class was asked to list things that would not be allowed in the classroom. I wrote on the board as the kids called out , "knives", "swearing", "bullying" and "guns". At which point Caleb (who is all of 55 lbs of bones and sinu) stands up flexes his barely visible biceps and calls out, "except for these guns." Apparently the class was estatic and the T.A. had to leave because she was unable to stop laughing. We always enjoy Caleb's humor.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to see your updated blog. I love it. Life sure passes by so quickly, and I'm glad that I have so many good memories to look back at. Kids are such a joy to have most of the time.

Lauri said...

Can't wait to share that one with the twins when they get home today.