Thursday, January 29, 2009

Grim and Gruesome






EEeeeEEEKKKK!!!! Halloween, another one of Russ' favorite holidays. Russ' idea of the perfect Halloween is to buy lots of his favorite candy, take it home,dump it in a large bowl, shut off all the lights, hide in the basement, pretend you're not home and commence to eat all the candy. He's a bit of a stick in the mud at Halloween. However, the boys enjoy it and it gives me a chance to fire up my sewing machine and get creative. this year the boys made things easy...well fairly. Mckay attended a youth party where you had to come dressed as a Lord of the Rings character and aside from making a helmet out of an old hard hat and gluing hair on his 12 year old chin, Gimly was a cinch. Caleb was even easier as a hippie and Bridger was glad to have hand-me-down pirate paraphernalia . Then... Coleson made the strangest request of "A man with no head." I thought and thought and came up with a great idea and as always Russ made my ideas a reality. Coleson made a pretty good headless guy and got rave reviews at the town fireworks that night. Thanks to my stick in the mud for all the help, we love ya.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

Holy Wow! Could you explain the head-in-hand costume? I'm sure I have a couple boys here who would be interested.