Saturday, July 26, 2008

Piece of Cake




I have been making wedding cakes for a few years now. This Spring and Summer I have done six of them. I really enjoy the creative side of it and I especially like it when a bride gives me her colors and says, "Do whatever you think looks good, I trust you." Yipee, it keeps me up nights planning and scheming in my head. These are the latest cakes I have done, also the only ones I have pictures of. Thanks to my Aunt Laurie I am also making some money doing what I love. Two more cakes in Aug., oh what fun.

4 comments:

Marilyn J said...

Jana,

Your little orphan cows remind me of all the fun times we had listening to your cow stories. I can't wait to hear new ones.
I love your cakes, I wish I could do that.

Marilyn

Kara said...

These look great, I especially love the brown one!

Alex, JJ, Zac...The Lorenzen's said...

Jana, these are amazing! I am so impressed....will you do my wedding cake? Not that I have anyone in mind...I just want to be prepared. :)

Lauri said...

Great cakes! Oh, to be your assistant and watch how you did your magic. I'm glad you're taking pictures and getting paid for them now.