Tuesday, April 7, 2009

March 31st ?

This is what the northern world woke up to on March 31st. Yes, more snow, will it ever cease?
Ohhhhh!! the agony, the depression, the utter dispare. Wait, I won't let it get me down, I will fight this thing.
So like any other stubborn Gulbranson girl I decided I would face the snow head on and not let it get me down. I yelled up the staircase for the boys to join me and even before breakfast was to be served we had began the spring clean of the mudroom. You see, I have a theory, that if you take out all the winter clothes, wash them, pack them in bins and place them high in the shelves winter will disappear.
The boys didn't understand the reasoning but one look at my agitated face and they were off to work. We cleared everything out of closets, washed walls, floors, doors, moulding and every other source of wintery dirt. And you know, there may be something to my theory after all. The very next day things started to warm.
Oh, it's certainly not spring yet, but I think Mother Nature may have understood my frustration and is giving us a little sunshine. And you know, the boys really haven't minded blue fingers, wet feet or the chattering of their teeth. Like any other little boy they have only appreciated the cleanliness of the mudroom.
Bridger putting away skates and washing shelves

Good bye cruel winter.



3 comments:

Karli said...

Hmmm, I was thinking it was warming up too but then it snowed this morning. Again. And it's April 7th. Will it EVER end?!?!

Unknown said...

I also need to do some Spring Cleaning. I might wait until the snow melts. I hope it is gone by the time I get back from my trip.

Marilyn J said...

I so hope your plan works, I hate looking at the snow for you.