Wednesday, December 16, 2009

True, when the weather turns -38 (the temperature at our house on Monday morning) things aren't all pleasant. Cars don't start, the chickens eggs freeze before you have time to collect them, machinery breaks down causing thousands of dollars in repair, your nostrils stick together when you take breathes, the bumper on your car breaks in two when you bump a snowbank, Elk from miles around come to eat from your haystack and the furnace runs non-stop. But if it wasn't this cold you wouldn't see stunning scenes like this as you drive down your driveway.








2 comments:

Kara said...

Beautiful pics, and I miss the bitter cold, cozy and warm inside with soup and rolls. MMMM
By the way, fell of my chair when I saw you had updated! Miss you.

Anna said...

What beautiful scenery you have up there. Thanks for sharing it. I know what you mean about frozen eggs...when my chickens were still laying I would end up tossing the frozen ones out into the garden. They must have gotten eaten by something because I never found anything come spring. Glad you are at least able to stay warm inside!