Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Gratitude

After all the gifts were opened and after watching the boys literally jump up and down out of excitement I went to take a shower and dress for the rest of a fun filled day. I smiled to myself over how much fun Christmas has been sitting by Russell and watching our four sons. Then, tears filled my eyes and I was overcome with profound gratitude to my Heavenly Father for my blessings. Indeed my wonderful husband and four little boys are my biggest joy. I kneeled and thanked Heavenly Father for the gift of His son, the ultimate gift to us all and thanked Him for little men who I love and am so blessed to have. I thanked Him for a husband who cares and sacrifices so much for me, and for brothers and sisters who I enjoy spending time with. There are so many other things I am grateful for and I realize I am so blessed.
I recently read this quote by President David O Mckay:
Despite discouragement and disheartening conditions throughtout the world, Christmas is the happiest season of the whole year. But let us ever keep in mind that people are most blessed whose daily conduct most nearly comports with the teachings and example of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, at whose birth was proclaimed: "Peace on earth, good will toward men."
I guess that's why Christmas is so great for all of us because maybe it's when we all are most giving, most kind, most thoughtful and express the most gratitude. I hope in the new year I can practise being a little more Christ-like and make my everyday conduct a little more like His teachings. Imagine the blessings the world over if we all, one person at a time, committed to carrying Christmas, the happiest season of the whole year, a little bit further.

3 comments:

Karli said...

Merry Christmas Jana. I love you and the purse! ;)

Lauri said...

You said it all, Ah-men.

Diane Schneider said...

Thanks for the good cry Jana! :)