Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Design by Me!!

I really needed a spot to file bookeeping items and magazines etc... but got tired of the old filing cabinets that I had moved from house to house. This house I figured needed updated filing furniture. So I got an idea. About 3:00 am ,I am guessing, I dreamed this up. I love it, it turned out better than I thought and it's very handy.
The Finished Furniture


You will need two of these. A very willing husband, did I mention how much I love him? and a trusty side kick who I also love.

They made me a new base that would raise the old file cabinets off the ground a bit. Looks a little more like a piece of furniture.


I primed and painted old file drawers.
And added a cool, fun color found also in the rooms rug.
Peacock Blue, (thanks Karli)


Before:
Old, unmatching drawers, handy but not too pretty.



3 comments:

Anna said...

So I'm trying to figure out exactly what Russ did...did he make new outsides for the old filing drawers? Or did he make a table top for the old cabinets as well as a base? They are beautiful! And I love the peacock blue too. They're much classier looking this way than as regular old filing cabinets. I need something like that in my house! Very cool!

Lauri said...

Holy Wow, Good Grief. May I mention that I really love it. Good Grief, Holy Wow.

Lauri said...

And who's 'Pudge' and when did he arrive? (jk - I was absorbing details and noticed the writing on the board)