Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Little Girl Room

A quick glance at Landry's room.
I repainted (for the 4th time) the red shelves from another room, added some inexpensive pots and flowers and anything else that matched the color scheme.



I have to admit, I was rather excited about decorating a little girl's room. Mckay on the other hand was a little bummed because we had allocated the room to him and had come up with some really neat "teenager" things to do for him. He was so good about giving the room up for baby.


We started by doing a very simple wainscotting and changing the boy color for several coats of primer and later a very feminine color chosen by Dad.


Dad also designed and built her a closet which is even larger than mine.



We found some things from around the house to accent the room. An old mirror with a little red paint, an accent table used in another room became a change table and a little tricycle, which you can barely see, is tucked in the corner.


Finally, I painted a crib a fun color and Dad insisted on installing a chandelier (Do we see a Daddy theme here? I think he already likes the girl). The hutch is from my mother with quilts I have been collecting for years sitting on top.



Window dressings are coming and I have a pretty quilt I am putting together, All reds and pinks, so fun.




1 comment:

Summer said...

So excited to finally see some Landry postings. What an adorable little room. Love it!