Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Just like Dad

Russ has never been more proud. He has raised an entire army of weed burners. Equip with water tanks, hoses, matches and of course deisel, the men of the house went weed burnin' this weekend. As you can see by the jovial expression here on Bridger's face, it was a great time. Can I just mention that these pictures were taken just 5 minutes before we were to leave for a dinner appointment at a friends house and that I don't think all the Tide, Febreeze, or Oxy clean in the world will ever get the smoke smell out of these clothes.


They actually took turns seeing who could stay the longest, unseen in the smoke plumes. Of course, that sounds like a lot of fun.
Sometimes I just try not to look.



4 comments:

Anna said...

I think a major part of parenthood is figuring out when to look and when to close your eyes! What a great crew...

Maybe they could come to my yard and torch a few weeds for me!

Danielle said...

I am learning that to be a good mom, sometimes I have to remind myself that clothes and children can be washed, but relationships are the most important. I just have to close my eyes when Ginny gets into mud, not diesel fuel and smoke! You are an amazing mom! Wish we could be closer.

The Donigans said...

Hey Jana! Thanks for stopping by our blog......along time ago. Sorry for the delay.

Diesel fuel and smoke? One word...yikes.

Arizona Manwarings said...

Hey Jana, I love fire, one of the down sides to living in Arizona is there is not much here to burn. Hey, I was trying to reestablish a connection we recently changed our e-mail to beamanwaring@gmail.com. We are excited to see you guys this summer, we are counting down the days. We even went last week to get our passports. See you soon, sent us any updates. Brian