Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fourteeen

Mckay turned 14 on June 7. I can't believe it, five years to a mission. This year Mckay's menu wish was Russian Chicken on sticky Rice, Bacon Carbonerra, Potatoe Salad and of course Birthday Cake (can you say carb overload). I baked the cakes, layered them and happened to have some purple and green frosting leftover from this weekends wedding cake. As I finished the meal Mckay volunteered to decorate his own cake and did a fine job. Hopefully next year the leftover frosting might be blue, red or even black. The other boys loved the idea of decorating your own birthda cake so we may have come up with a new tradition. Happy Birthday Mckay, I Love You.





4 comments:

Kara said...

Quite a talent you have there McKay!

Karli said...

Very nice cake McKay. Taking after your mother I see. :)

Lauri said...

Wow. I like a young man who can do it all - including decorating his own cake.

Karli said...

It's October 25th, 2012 and I found myself browsing through these old posts. I like how you said it was 5 years until his mission but now they have changed the mission age and he is sixteen... only 1.5 more years!!!! Gah!